Sunday, August 19, 2012

Striphouse NYC - Fantastic birthday dinner Steak


When we arrived in Striphouse I immediately was excited to dine here. The decor is amazing! Velvet red velvet sofas and wall finishes. Dark lit and romantic. We sat on the plush sofa very comfortable as we waited for them to prepare our table and I watched my husband and said:

"This, this here is a place to come and eat meat!"

The wait ended up being about 20 minutes, but it was worth it. Striphouse is a place where you can where a jacket and tie and a suit or dress like a hipster. I showed the most suitable, though, perhaps it is normal for a Wednesday night? The service here is incredible. They are very well equipped and you could not drink more than an ounce of your water before someone came around to power it.

I tend to put high emphasis on the bread basket, which was plentiful, varied, hot and served with soft butter. {9/10}

We started with their special of the day, the foie gras with apple Pink Lady (which, btw, is my favorite type of apple). I enjoyed the dish and thought the flavor of the fat cut the cake light Pink Lady is a winning combination. My husband said he would do better, but still enjoyed. {9/10}

I was disappointed that we lost the wild mushroom amuse bouche that the guests around us seemed to enjoy. Apparently forgetting our table (even if we actually remembered). Oh well, should not be (it has lost our waitress about% from its peak!) {0/10}

We opted to split the porterhouse for two medium made with a side of crisp goose fat potatoes.

The meat is carved table and we kept the bone to give the dog of our neighbors! Let me talk about the filet side (left in photo) for a moment. The meat was so soft, so tender, literally melted in my mouth like butter that was served at the beginning of the meal. Their house sauce is not like Luger, but their steak needs no sauce (or butter like Ruth Chris). I enjoyed every bite of that perfection. The exterior is charred with plenty of seasonings and flavors which are all 'added you would need. I loved the roasted garlic on my plate, too, what a surprise fun and fantastic idea! The potatoes were out-of-this-world. It 'was like a super-high-end knish. Fried crispy exterior with a rich flavor and fat potatoes inside. I was so impressed by my entire meal. We both enjoyed the best! {10/10}

Striphouse is absolutely the perfect place for a special occasion or celebratory meal. I love the simplicity of most Striphouse steakhouse and took the items and raised the bar. We enjoyed a nice sweet creme brulee a candle stuck in it for me:

It 'was very yummy like most creams are Brulees! The interior was slightly custardy aqueous (I know, I use more technical terms). The flavor was perfect, however, the pineapple with vanilla from Tahiti has brought us back to memories of our honeymoon. 5.8.10 {}

I had the most fabulous birthday and birthday dinner! Thanks to all my friends for nice comments and invites Facebook all day! HUGE thanks to the most incredible husband who made my night with all the girls dream of details (chocolate, flowers, jewelry, steak - you know)...

No comments:

Post a Comment