Monday, July 30, 2012

Photo Of The Day: 20/05/2011 "unusual visit to the Castle of Javier"




The guide began to talk to parsimoniously clarity. "We are facing an architectural jewel, which was built in century X. As you know, is located in an area high above the village of Javier, 52 km from Pamplona and 7 Sangüesa. In this castle was born and died San Francisco Javier, son of Mr. de Javier, and that gave name to the fortress. " Suddenly, behind the towers that dominate the building, showed a dense layer of clouds. A pale gray, almost white. They were approaching at breakneck speed and in a few seconds, the entire group surrounded. He attracted wide attention, guidance and other visitors, continued on as if nothing happened. "Over the main entrance can be seen ..." It seemed to be me, the only foreign perceive the cloud mass. Gradually, I stopped listening to the voice of women. I could not see my fellow hikers. A gentle tune of harps, lutes and harps came to me from the thickness. I could not even tell my feet. In the background, some blows ... tune a little ear ... There was no doubt. They were hooves.

A cool breeze scented birch and squash, the fog cleared and allowed me to glimpse again the solid building. Something had changed. Around us beautiful oak and birch. The castle was something different. The dark stone, the towers changed ... a sharp sound made revolve on my heel. At eye level, I snorted agitated, a large horse, husky, nodding with powerful force. He was adorned with a velvet blanket was embroidered a beautiful coat of arms. A beautiful animal loins of a gentleman. Serio, erect in his uniform and a huge spear in his right hand. - Who are you and why this strange clothe clothing? - I ... I came to visit the castle ... the guide ... the band ... I stammered, thinking, let's see ... define strange. - What are you talking about?. Have you lost your mind, perhaps? Do not perteneceréis troops of Cardinal Cisneros? - No, no, I swear sir, replied, terrified, trying to adjust to their way of speaking. He knew the guestbook of the castle, which was during the conquest of Navarre, several clashes between Cardinal Cisneros, determined to demolish the castle and the family of Maria and Juan de Jaso Azpilkueta, owners of the building at the time.

In some inexplicable way, I had moved to 1516 ... My thoughts were interrupted by a blood-curdling scream. - To arms! Men are approaching Cisneros! In a reflex, I threw myself under some bushes. I scratched his arms up and down, but now he felt no pain. A huge cloud of dust, a product of galloping horses, invaded the environment. Screaming, running, snorting. In the background a marimba seemed familiar ... "The Duchess of Villahermosa, and early twentieth century, donated the castle to ..." I got up cautiously, trying to remove the dust with his arms. Again, the fragrant breeze ... sharpness, and the group of tourists surrounding the drab woman. I tried to reconstruct the gesture ... and follow the others as if nothing had happened. Completely evaded the historical discourse, thought that when I returned home, you should visit a doctor and see the reason for these sudden attacks of uncontrollable imagination. "It may be that my environment affects me to the point of losing sight for a few minutes," I scolded myself, when raising the arm to check the time, I saw it was full of scratches. So what?, Was it real?.

You can find more articles of this series in http://fotoblogedurneiza.blogspot.com

We invite you to visit www.edurneiza.com

Photo: Edurne Iza

Text: Iza Otamendi Onintza

You can download this picture freely. The only restriction is for sale and / or profitable use of it. Do not forget that all work belongs to its author, make good use of it.

...

No comments:

Post a Comment