Thursday, September 6, 2012

How do I Franchise My Existing Business


Many small business owners who are successful think of franchising their business. Why you ask? Well somewhere along the way their customers start to tell them what a great business they have and should have a business like this all over the country or world. This really is an ego-booster for the 17-hour a day of small entrepreneurs.

Of course, like any franchise is not as easy as it sounds. How will you know if your business can be franchised? Well simple really have to go through a checklist and ask yourself is not easily duplicated in my business degree? I can train someone up to 2-3 weeks to do this activity to a level similar to what you are doing? Can I make videos to train all the new things that come along. And especially if my franchise business now, I have competent people to run my business while I'm busy approach to the franchise company? If the answer to this is yes and if you have a couple of places already then you can consider.

Next you will need funding and usually it takes 500,000 to $ 1 million to franchise an existing business. The lower end is for businesses based type services for the home and the upper end is for businesses based on location. And you need all this and more so plan to eat Top Ramen and watching your money carefully, as you grow your business into a true franchise system. Consider all this in 2006 ....

No comments:

Post a Comment